Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The longest day of my life, waw.





Kinds of korean barbecues. Not the one I'm talking about down here, I couldn't find the right pictures I took, sorry! 


I took plane with Sarah and Moryein on May 29 and we arrived the next day in Korea. Thinking about it now I can't remember well what I felt at that time. It was the first time of my life that I took plane, so I guess I was a little bit stressed. From Bordeaux (France) to Incheon Airport, it took 14 hours. I was too excited, I couldn't sleep. 
Arrived in Korea, we met a korean girl, Moryeon's pen pal, Gayoung. She went with us from the Airport, to Yeokgok, our subway station, the nearest from the University. When I entered the room where I was gonna sleep in for the next 3 month, I learnt that I was gonna be Megan's roommate. Sarah and Moryeon would share an other room, Oh Anna and Ma Eryeon, and JP, who was the only boy, would have his own room, with no roommate. At that moment I hadn't see a bed for the last 27 hours. However, I wasn't tired. It was a new world to discover and I would have time to sleep later.

On the evening, we met the other french guys from the same french university in order to take dinner. Their plane had arrived some hours before ours, and they were already outside when we visited the dormitory.
We went all together to a restaurant called 구이가 (gu-i-ga), a barbecue. 
As you may know, the food in Korea is most of the time very spicy. Although the meat of this restaurant was delicious, I did my first experiment of real spicy food that day. There was a kind of "salad", side to the main food, with some little red pearls in it. Since I was there to discover and try everything, I tried that. 
GOD, I never should have do this. Not on the first day, not before getting used to eat spicy things. It was soooo spicy that I lost the sense of taste until the next day. All the evening, all the night, even after brushing my teeth, my tongue was like burned out... That evening I thought "never again"... But of course, since I was in Korea, I was going to eat spicy things again. 

After that dinner in restaurant, we stayed outside a little bit longer and finally, all tired because of the plane, we went to bed. I was close to collapse ahah. I hadn't sleep for something like 40 hours. 
I never slept so well in my whole life! 


Seo Eri.

No comments:

Post a Comment